University of York - Heslington Campus
£40,927 - £43,434 per year
The Department of Computer Science is seeking to recruit a number of Lecturers on a 24-month fixed-term basis to drive the online programmes forward.
Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis and suitable candidates will be invited to attend an interview at the earliest opportunity.
The online MSc programmes offered by the Department of Computer Science at the University of York is an established set of programmes with exciting plans to grow. Currently the four main themes within these programmes are: foundations of computer science; data analytics; artificial intelligence; and cyber security. We are looking at enthusiastic leaders to help drive the programmes forward, manage a team of staff, and enthuse our students during their learning journey.
- To be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of teaching across a range of modules and/or within a particular theme of the programme.
- To provide leadership within the online teaching team, promoting a supportive and inclusive culture, ensuring that staff have appropriate skills and that resources are deployed effectively.
- To undertake effectively a range of administrative and managerial responsibilities
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Honours degree or equivalent in an appropriate subject
- Appropriate academic professional and teaching qualifications or a willingness to complete the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice
- Detailed knowledge of a range of Computer Science subjects to develop and support teaching, and provide relevant learning support to students across different levels of academic ability
- Knowledge of a range of teaching techniques to enthuse and engage students
- Proven ability and achievements in curriculum development
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and work to challenging and demanding timescales whilst maintaining excellence in teaching and learning
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including ability to write and/or contribute to publications and/or to disseminate research findings using other appropriate media
- Ability to supervise the work of others, for example leading a teaching team delivering a programme
- Experience of line management and responsibility for a small team of teaching staff
- Experience of taking responsibility for teaching and learning at undergraduate and ideally postgraduate level
- Evidence of successful course planning, design and delivery across a range of modules, with exemplification of teaching materials
- Taking responsibility for the quality assurance and governance for the teaching and assessment of taught modules
Interview date: To be confirmed
Informal discussions can be held withthe Deputy Head of Department (Teaching), Iain Bate, email@example.com, +44 (0)1904 325501
The University strives to be diverse and inclusive – a place where we can ALL be ourselves.
We particularly encourage applications from people who identify as Black, Asian or from a Minority Ethnic background, who are underrepresented at the University.
We offer family friendly, flexible working arrangements, with forums and inclusive facilities to support our staff. #EqualityatYork