The position: We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill the Kitchen Porter position. This is an integral role to one of our larger kitchens on campus. The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting the kitchen brigade with basic food preparations.
- Will be responsible for recipient of food deliveries and ensure those food deliveries are compliant with the Allergan legislations
- Kitchen cleaning, pot washing and portering service.
The starting pay we are offering is £8060.25 per annum
The post is for 27.5 hours per week (part time), term time only (30 weeks per year).
Closing date: 3 September 2021
Anticipated start date: 27 September 2021
Why Should You Apply?
We are a growing subsidiary that is wholly owned by University of York, based at the University campus, that offers:
- Easy access from York city centre, and well served through the public transportation network
- Varied dining experiences within campus with some cafes offer stunning views over the lakes and nature
The Company: York Commercial Limited (YCL), is a subsidiary that is wholly owned by University of York, and it is manages the Catering outlets, conferences, Sports Centre and Village, Marketing, Design and Print Shop, Retail including on-campus Nisa and Gifts Shop in addition to Campus Nursery and York Science Park. YCL is known for its friendly environment, encouraging diversity and inclusion at workplace and for being a sustainable business.
The University strives to be diverse and inclusive – a place where we can ALL be ourselves.
We particularly encourage applications from people who identify as Black, Asian or from a Minority Ethnic background, who are underrepresented at the University.
We offer family friendly, flexible working arrangements, with forums and inclusive facilities to support our staff. #EqualityatYork
York is one of the most successful universities in the UK.
With world-class activity across the spectrum from the physical sciences, life sciences, and social sciences to the humanities, we have been recognised as one of the top 100 universities in the world, gaining outstanding results in official assessments of our research and teaching.