The Department of Environment and Geography is seeking an outstanding academic to contribute to the continued growth of research and teaching in environment and development at York. We particularly welcome applications from people working on the intersections of development with biodiversity, sustainability, climate change and/or health. The appointment forms part of an expansion of development-related research and teaching at York, through the cross-Faculty, Interdisciplinary Global Development Centre (IGDC).
• To develop and lead a funded programme of high quality, independent research in the area of environment and development.
● To work with staff in other departments (Politics and History) to develop the undergraduate course in Global Development.
• To play a full part as a member of the academic communities in the Department of Environment and Geography and IGDC.
• To enhance the reputation of the Department of Environment and Geography and the IGDC through excellence in research, research impact, and teaching.
• To take responsibility for overseeing, developing and delivering innovative and engaging teaching approaches and material.
• To undertake effectively a range of administrative and managerial responsibilities.
Please note that flexible working patterns and job sharing opportunities will be considered.
Interview date: To be confirmed
For informal enquiries: please contact Professor Piran White at email@example.com
The University is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
A place where we can ALL be ourselves #EqualityatYork
York is one of the most successful universities in the UK.
With world-class activity across the spectrum from the physical sciences, life sciences, and social sciences to the humanities, we have been recognised as one of the top 100 universities in the world, gaining outstanding results in official assessments of our research and teaching.