Associate Lecturer (Practice Learning) x2
University of York - Heslington Campus
£32,817 - £40,322 a year
The Department of Health Sciences, University of York are seeking to appoint two Associate Lecturers (Practice Learning) to join our dynamic and exciting health professional education team. The Department of Health Sciences is one of the most highly regarded centres for nursing and midwifery education in the UK, ranking in the Top 10 of both the Complete University Guide and Guardian University league tables. The main focus of the role will be on supporting and enhancing the learning and assessment of pre-registration nursing and midwifery students in the clinical practice environment.
- Working as part of a Practice Education Team to facilitate, guide and support learning and assessment of students in the clinical practice environment to enhance their experience.
- Providing support to practice supervisors and assessors and, in collaboration with practice partners, monitoring and enhancing the quality of learning and assessment in the clinical practice environment.
- In conjunction with the programme teams, developing and delivering clinical skills and simulated practice learning and associated teaching activities including lectures, seminars, and tutorials on relevant pre and post-registration programmes offered by the Department.
- In conjunction with the programme team, ensure that content, methods of delivery and learning materials meet the defined learning objectives for sessions and modules related to the knowledge and skills required for contemporary nursing practice
- To provide support to students, giving advice on study skills and academic development and to identify the learning needs of students and define learning objectives
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed
- Experience of developing teaching and providing relevant learning support to enable students to meet proficiencies and outcomes relevant to pre-registration nursing programmes.
- Expertise and experience in learning, teaching and assessment of clinical practice skills and simulated practice.
- NMC or Health Professional Registration who can demonstrate expertise in teaching and assessment relevant to nursing and healthcare programmes.
- Teaching qualification or experience of teaching in higher education.
- Working towards a Masters level qualification in nursing or relevant professional subject or PhD in relevant subject area or equivalent professional experience.
Interview date: TBC
For informal enquiries: Trudi Neenan, Academic Lead for Practice Education at email@example.com or Prof. Paul Galdas, Deputy Head of Department (Nursing & Midwifery) at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
A place where we can ALL be ourselves #EqualityatYork