Catering Assistant / Driver – We offer competitive working hours and enhanced annual leave days
The Company: York Commercial Limited (YCL), is a subsidiary that is wholly owned by University of York, and it manages the Catering outlets, Conferences, Sports Centre and Village, Marketing, Design and Print Shop, Retail including on-campus Nisa and Gifts Shop in addition to Campus Nursery and York Science Park. YCL is known for its friendly environment, encouraging diversity and inclusion in the workplace and for being a sustainable business.
At YCL, we believe in:
- Trust: We will place trust in you to do your job and do it well
- Respect: We will respect you and expect you to respect your colleagues and customer
- Unique: We are all unique and diverse and we embrace this
- Enjoy: We strive to male work an enjoyable place, you should too!
The position: We’re looking for a Catering Assistant / Driver. The salary we are offering is £17,363.62 per annum. This is a full-time role for 37 hours per week.
A flexible approach will be required by the successful candidate and a clean driving licence is essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering hospitality catering to numerous locations around campus and elsewhere, ensuring high standards of customer care and assisting with the service of functions such as fine dining dinners and buffets.
- Anyone who is passionate and enthusiastic about meeting people and serving customers with highest customer service standards.
- Previous experience in catering (Serving meals, snacks and beverages) is desirable but training will be provided to ensure you achieve our goals.
- Please note this post requires a large amount of manual handling and the post-holder will be required to be on their feet for a good proportion of the shift.
Why Should You Apply?
Closing date: midnight on 5 March 2020
Interview date: 9 March 2020
The University is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
A place where we can ALL be ourselves #EqualityatYork
York is one of the most successful universities in the UK.
With world-class activity across the spectrum from the physical sciences, life sciences, and social sciences to the humanities, we have been recognised as one of the top 100 universities in the world, gaining outstanding results in official assessments of our research and teaching.