We are a growing subsidiary that is wholly owned by University of York, based at the University campus, that offers:
- Easy access from York city centre, and well served through the public transportation network
- Varied dining experiences within campus with some cafes offer stunning views over the lakes and nature
The Company: York Conferences Limited (YCL), is a subsidiary that is wholly owned by University of York, and it manages the catering outlets, conferences, Sports Centre and Village, Marketing, Design and Print Shop, Retail including on-campus Nisa and Gifts Shop in addition to Campus Nursery and York Science Park. YCL is known for its friendly environment, encouraging diversity and inclusion in the workplace and for being a sustainable business.
At YCL, we believe in:
- Trust: We will place trust in you to do your job and do it well
- Respect: We will respect you and expect you to respect your colleagues and customer
- Unique: We are all unique and diverse and we embrace this
- Enjoy: We strive to make work an enjoyable place, you should too!
We are looking for an experienced and robust Senior Catering Manager for our largest outlet based at the University of York. This multifaceted role will involve leading a large team of staff to deliver high volume student and conference business events which can include formal dining. As the Senior Catering Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the highest service is delivered and to drive the business forward.
The role holder will manage a total of three outlets including a large outlet which caters for students and conference events, and two satellite outlets.
The role holder will have a broad breadth of experience in high volume catering with experience in both a high street operation and large scale events and conferencing. Experience of managing financial budgets and effective communication skills with experience of managing and engaging a large team of staff is essential.
The salary range is £26,952-£30,984 per annum.
Closing date: midnight on 12 December 2019
Anticipated interview dates: 17th December 2019 and 18th December 2019 (PM)
Why Should You Apply?
• We offer 38 annual leave days, includes the public and bank holidays, and closure days over Christmas and New Year period
• A car parking on premises is available and subject to competitive monthly fees
• We provide 10% discount at on-campus Nisa retail shops (T&Cs apply)
• We offer discounted postage services (National and International)
• We provide concession rates at York winning sports facilities, York Sports Village and Sports Centre
• We offer Competitive rates at Campus Nursery and Cycle to Work Schemes
• We offer discounted rates on local retailers and services that are exclusive to YCL
York Conferences Ltd. (YCL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the University of York. The Head Office is situated at the University of York, Heslington, York, YO10 5DD. The successful candidate will be appointed on YCL terms and conditions of employment.
The University is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
A place where we can ALL be ourselves #EqualityatYork
York is one of the most successful universities in the UK.
With world-class activity across the spectrum from the physical sciences, life sciences, and social sciences to the humanities, we have been recognised as one of the top 100 universities in the world, gaining outstanding results in official assessments of our research and teaching.