Chef de Partie – If you want Christmas off along with 38 days annual leave then look no further!
We are a growing subsidiary that is wholly owned by University of York, based at the University campus, that offers:
- Easy access from York city centre, and well served through the public transportation network
- Varied dining experiences within campus with some cafes offer stunning views over the lakes and nature
The Company: York Conferences Limited (YCL), is a subsidiary that is wholly owned by University of York, and it is manages the Catering outlets, conferences, Sports Centre and Village, Marketing, Design and Print Shop, Retail including on-campus Nisa and Gifts Shop in addition to Campus Nursery and York Science Park. YCL is known for its friendly environment, encouraging diversity and inclusion at workplace and for being a sustainable business.
At YCL, we believe in:
- Trust: We will place trust in you to do your job and do it well
- Respect: We will respect you and expect you to respect your colleagues and customer
- Unique: We are all unique and diverse and we embrace this
- Enjoy: We strive to make work an enjoyable place, you should too!
The position: We are currently looking for a Chef de Partie. The hours of work are 37 per week and the starting pay is £19,000 per annum.
- Have an experience in high volume food production
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to cook quality fresh food for students and staff on our campus.
- You will also possess NVQ1 and 2or equivalent, and a basic food and safety qualification such as Foundation Food Hygiene Certificate
- Have the passion for fine dining food production and the ability to produce quality and quantity high volume catering
- Working alongside the Head Chef and Sous Chef you will prepare delicious home cooked food using fresh ingredients
- With a passion for what you do you will ensure food is presented to the highest standards and complies with all relevant regulations and company standards
Why Should You Apply?
Potential candidates may be contacted prior to the closing date to arrange an interview.
Closing Date: midnight on 19 November 2019
The University is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
A place where we can ALL be ourselves #EqualityatYork
York is one of the most successful universities in the UK.
With world-class activity across the spectrum from the physical sciences, life sciences, and social sciences to the humanities, we have been recognised as one of the top 100 universities in the world, gaining outstanding results in official assessments of our research and teaching.