The University is seeking a motivated Assistant Accountant to join our Group Financial Accounts team and contribute to the corporate reporting process and production of government returns. Working for one of the UK’s leading higher education institutions, the role offers a first-rate working environment and excellent career opportunity, whilst benefiting from a campus based community environment.
You will be responsible for supporting with the production of government returns, period end tasks and production of forecasts. You will be eager to learn, willing to challenge and able to grasp a variety of different concepts quickly. We value all members of the teams’ contribution in identifying areas for improvement and helping implementing change.
• Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Sound understanding of financial processes, procedures and regulations
• Experience of using financial systems and dealing with large volumes of data
• Good working knowledge of Excel
What we offer
• Salary in the range of £25,941 - £31,866 per year
• 38 days annual leave per year
• Generous pension (19.5% Employer contribution) & life assurance
• Employee Benefits Scheme, including childcare vouchers, cycle to work, health plans, gym membership, plus many others
• Excellent public transport links
• Attractive Campus setting
If you would like to discuss the role informally, please contact Catherine Jones, TRAC Accountant on 01904 323 515 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
A place where we can ALL be ourselves #EqualityatYork
York is one of the most successful universities in the UK.
With world-class activity across the spectrum from the physical sciences, life sciences, and social sciences to the humanities, we have been recognised as one of the top 100 universities in the world, gaining outstanding results in official assessments of our research and teaching.