Catering Assistant – We Offer competitive working hours and enhanced annual leave days
We are a growing subsidiary that is wholly owned by University of York, based at the University campus, that offers:
- Easy access from York city centre, and well served through the public transportation network
- Varied dining experiences within campus with some cafes offer stunning views over the lakes and nature
The Company: York Conferences Limited (YCL), is a subsidiary that is wholly owned by University of York, and it manages the catering outlets, conferences, Sports Centre and Village, Marketing, Design and Print Shop, Retail including on-campus Nisa and Gifts Shop in addition to Campus Nursery and York Science Park. YCL is known for its friendly environment, encouraging diversity and inclusion in the workplace and for being a sustainable business.
At YCL, we believe in:
- Trust: We will place trust in you to do your job and do it well
- Respect: We will respect you and expect you to respect your colleagues and customer
- Unique: We are all unique and diverse and we embrace this
- Enjoy: We strive to make work an enjoyable place, you should too!
The position: We’re looking for a Catering Assistant. The starting pay we are offering is £4,926.00 per annum.
The contracted hours of work are 20 per week, 10:30am until 14:30pm Monday to Friday, term time only. You may be required to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Anyone who is passionate and enthusiastic about meeting people and serving customers with the highest customer service standards.
- Previous experience in catering (serving meals, snacks and beverages) is desirable but training will be provided to ensure you achieve our goals.
Why Should You Apply?
Closing Date: midnight on 15 November 2019
Anticipated Interview Date: 26 & 27 November 2019
Anticipated Start Date: 6 January 2020
The University is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
A place where we can ALL be ourselves #EqualityatYork
York is one of the most successful universities in the UK.
With world-class activity across the spectrum from the physical sciences, life sciences, and social sciences to the humanities, we have been recognised as one of the top 100 universities in the world, gaining outstanding results in official assessments of our research and teaching.