We are seeking to recruit a Careers and Employability Adviser based within the School of Management to lead on the design and delivery on careers and employability initiatives, aimed at raising the awareness and aspirations of students. Reporting directly to the School Manager, you will work in collaboration with the central Careers Service at University level for professional guidance and support from senior careers staff.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability to:
• design and deliver a creative and engaging range of professional career guidance activities; developing on-line resources and tools as well as offering one-to-one guidance and group work to a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
• engage proactively with students, academic and professional support colleagues within the School and wider University, as well as with external partners.
• bring your professional careers expertise to existing professional support functions in business engagement and placements; proactively working to towards a co-ordinated portfolio of activity. You will work in collaboration with the School’s Director Business and Community Engagement to pursue mutually beneficial initiatives.
• build strong working relationships across the University to develop an innovative and engaging employability programme, consulting with key stakeholders to identify employability needs.
• provide leadership and direction to three Grade 5 Placement Co-ordinators.
You will be an outstanding communicator, with a passion for continuous improvement to services and for excellence in customer service. Your IT skills will be of a high level including the ability to communicate appropriately using social media.
You will have expert knowledge of theory and practice of careers education and guidance and the labour market for students and graduates. A first degree or equivalent is essential, as is a post graduate diploma qualification in Careers Guidance or equivalent training or experience.
The University is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
A place where we can ALL be ourselves #EqualityatYork
York is one of the most successful universities in the UK.
With world-class activity across the spectrum from the physical sciences, life sciences, and social sciences to the humanities, we have been recognised as one of the top 100 universities in the world, gaining outstanding results in official assessments of our research and teaching.