£26,341 - £32,344 per year
University of York campus (with some remote working options available)
As a member of the prestigious Russell Group, the University of York employs over 4,200 staff across 30 academic departments and 10 support departments and has 17,000 students studying a wide range of Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes.
Human Resources (HR) is a major support function within the University and offers the full range of HR services expected in an organisation of its size and complexity.
Within HR, the Reward team are responsible for ensuring our Reward strategy, policies and processes support our University and HR strategy and of course comply with relevant legislation.
The Reward Analyst reports into the Reward Manager and will have a number of responsibilities including:
- Delivering aspects of the annual senior pay and promotion processes
- Support the delivery of analysis and insight in relation to Reward schemes
- Providing specialist reward support to the HR Operations team and stakeholders across the University
- Support Reward and academic promotion processes through planning, analysis and delivery to ensure activity is delivered to the required timescales and that the University adheres to all relevant Reward governance protocols.
- In conjunction with the Senior Reward Analyst and Reward Manager undertake specific analysis to support reward projects e.g. Pay modelling, cost analysis, pay equality analysis to ensure reward decisions are informed by robust insight.
- Support the Reward Manager to ensure adherence to relevant data protection legislation by maintaining appropriate oversight of data and records held in the Reward team.
- Providing market analysis using external market data and internal data to benchmark the university’s competitive position to ensure the University continues to be able to attract and retain staff to support the delivery of its strategy.
- Provide reward support for HR Operations, HR Services and Senior Management colleagues to resolve ad-hoc queries and progress specific reward initiatives to ensure HR provides an agile and seamless service for our customers.
- Provide a central point of contact and expertise in relation to the University’s job evaluation approach and frameworks and ensure maintenance of associated policy and procedures to ensure the University maintains pay equality.
Skills, Experience & Qualification needed
- Spreadsheet capability to Advanced ECDL or equivalent standard
- Knowledge of equal pay legislation
- Knowledge of HR procedures
- Experience of role evaluation using HERA (Desirable)
- Level 3 qualification (qualifications at this level include A levels). We also welcome applicants with equivalent non-uk qualifications or equivalent professional experience.
- Manage small scale projects
- Gather, analyse, interpret and report data/information
- Use digital technologies including Goole applications and/or Microsoft Office
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written format, including the use of a variety of digital tools
- Works collaboratively with others
- Delivers a quality service
- Develops self and others
- Actively champions respect, inclusivity, equality and diversity
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement
Interview date: To be confirmed
For informal enquiries: Please contact Alison Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 325913
The University strives to be diverse and inclusive – a place where we can ALL be ourselves.
We particularly encourage applications from people who identify as Black, Asian or from a Minority Ethnic background, who are underrepresented at the University.
We offer family friendly, flexible working arrangements, with forums and inclusive facilities to support our staff. #EqualityatYork