We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic people to join our team. York Sport offers exciting, structured sport themed parties for children of all ages. Our hosts deliver parties with energy, enthusiasm and excitement to create a fun and professional party atmosphere.
We are looking for new party hosts with a Level 1 Swimming coaching/ Teaching qualification to join our team to work mainly at weekends, with potential further paid opportunities during school holidays at our successful sport and activity holiday camps.
Swimming Party Hosts are required to run fun and engaging sessions including fun games and activities suitable to the age and number of children in the party.
● A recognised Level 1 Sports coaching qualification, ideally in swimming
● A friendly, outgoing personality with a positive can-do attitude.
● An ability to motivate and enthuse groups of children with energy and enthusiasm.
● Good behavioural management skills.
● Excellent organisational, verbal communication and listening skills.
● Reliable, punctual and hardworking.
● Ability to work in the UK.
● Please note a DBS will need to be completed by successful applicants.
Other desirable attributes:
● Experience of working with young children and / or previous coaching experience.
● A passion for swimming and sports.
The salary will be £13.48 per hour, the hours of work are typically 1-4 hours per week term time only, subject to bookings. Please note we cannot guarantee hours each week. Hours of work will usually take place on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
Candidates will be contacted on an ongoing basis while this advert is live.
For more information or to apply, please contact our Activities team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
York Commercial Ltd. (YCL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the University of York. The Head Office is situated at the University of York, Heslington, York, YO10 5DD.
The University strives to be diverse and inclusive – a place where we can ALL be ourselves.
We particularly encourage applications from people who identify as Black, Asian or from a Minority Ethnic background, who are underrepresented at the University.
We offer family friendly, flexible working arrangements, with forums and inclusive facilities to support our staff. #EqualityatYork
York is one of the most successful universities in the UK.
With world-class activity across the spectrum from the physical sciences, life sciences, and social sciences to the humanities, we have been recognised as one of the top 100 universities in the world, gaining outstanding results in official assessments of our research and teaching.